立即注册 登录
Justin Bieber中文网论坛 返回首页

d701的个人空间 http://bbs.justinbiebercn.com/?5508 [收藏] [复制] [分享] [RSS]

日志

arms and pulled open10

已有 502 次阅读2010-11-11 16:12

arms and pulled open10
arms and pulled open themen watch upper drawer of the writing-table. In the right-hand corner lay a thick manuscript, bound men watchin paper folders, and tied with a string beneath which a letter had jordan shoesbeenslipped. Next to the manuscript was a small revolver. Granice stared a momentjordan shoes at these oddly associated objects; then he took the letter from underjordan shoes the string and slowly began to open it. He had known he should do so from the moment jordan shoeshis hand touched the drawer. Whenever his eye fell on that letter some relentless nike shoesforce compelled him to re-read it. It was dated about four weeks back, under the letter-head of "The Diversity Theatre." "My Dear Mr. Granice:
"I have nike shoesgiven the matter my best consideration for the last month, and it's no use -- the play won't do. I havenike shoes talked it over with Miss Melrose -- and you know there isn't a gamer artist on our stage -- and I regret to tell you she ugg bootsfeels just as I do about it. It isn't the poetry that scares her -- or me either. We both want to do all we can to help along theugg boots poetic drama -- we believe the public's ready for it, and we're willing to take a big financial risk in order to be the first to give them what they want. But we don't believe they could be made to wantugg boots this. The fact is, there isn't enough drama in your play to the allowance of poetry -- the thing drags all through. You'veWorld of Warcraft gold got a big idea, but it's not out of swaddling clothes.
"If this was your first play I'd say: try World of Warcraft goldagain. But it has been just the same with all the others you've shown me. And you remember the result of 'The Lee Shore,' where you carried all the expensesWorld of Warcraft gold of production yourself, and we couldn't fill the theatre for a week. Yet 'The Lee Shore' was a modern problem play -- much easier to swing than blank verse. It isn't as if you hadn't tried all kinds --" Granice folded the letter and put it carefully back into the envelope. Why on earth was he re-reading it, when he knew every phrase in it by heart, when for a month past he had seen it, night after night, stand out in letters of flame against the darkness of his sleepless lids?
"It has been cheap wow goldjust the same with all the other you've shown me." That was the way they dismissed ten cheap wow goldyears of passionate unremitting work! "You remember the result buy wow goldof 'The Lee Shore'." Good God -- as if he were likely to forget it! He re-lived it buy wow goldall now in a drowning flash: the persistent rejection of the play, his sudden resolve to put it wow accounton at his own cost, to spend ten thousand dollars of his inheritance on wow accounttesting his chance of success -- the fever of preparation, the dry-mouthed agony of the "first night," the flat fall, the stupid press, his secret rush towow account Europe to escape the condolence of his friends! "It isn't as if you hadn't tried allrhinestone belt manufacturer kinds." No -- he had tried all kinds: comedy, tragedy, prose and verse, the light curtain-raiser, the short sharp drama, the bourgeoisrealistic and the lyrical-romantic -- finally deciding that he would no longer "prostitute his talent" to win popularity, but would impose on the public his own butterfly valvetheory of art in the form of five acts of blank verse. Yes, he had offered them everything -- and always with the same result.
Ten years of it -- ten years air compressor partsof dogged work and unrelieved failure. The ten years from forty to fifty -- the best ten years of his life! And if one counted the years before, the silent years football jacketsof dreams, assimilation, preparation -- then call it half a man's life-time: half a man's life-time wholesale prom dressthrown away! And what was he to do with the remaining half? Well, he had settled that, thank God! He turned and glanced anxiously atmicroscope the clock. Ten minutes past eight -- only ten minutes had been consumed in that stormy rush through his whole past! Andwholesale evening dress he must wait another twenty minutes for Ascham. It was one of the worst symptoms of his case that, in proportion as he had wow goldgrown to shrink from human company, he dreaded more and more to be alone. . . . But why the devil was he waiting for Ascham? Why didn't he cut wholesale prom dressthe knot himself? Since he was so unutterably sick of the whole business, why did hecheap wedding dresses have to call in an outsider to rid him of this nightmare of living?

路过

鸡蛋

鲜花

握手

雷人
收藏 分享邀请 转发到微博 举报

评论 (0 个评论)

facelist doodle 涂鸦板

您需要登录后才可以评论 登录 | 立即注册

Archiver|Justin Bieber中文网

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 01:51 , Processed in 0.048641 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.